Sunday, April 14, 2013



Actually I just came back from Labour room.. Currently I am on day 3 (almost day 4) tagging in obstetric and gynaecology department. With tagging for 2 weeks in labour room, you meet nothing else than pregnant lady and newborn babies!

I am just excited to tell what happened today. I assisted 5 deliveries including 1 pair of twin! Fuh... So tiring after all that I passed another 2 deliveries for my colleague.

we finished our tagging at 10pm. When I decided to go back, I noted 1 patient is in labour , a twin pregnancy. Since I am really hope to observe this delivery, I asked my friend to call me if baby is ready to go out.

I went home. Just about 5 minutes walk from hospital. When I just arrived in front of my door, I got a called.
" Hello, opening is almost full. Come! " So I did ran to the labour room. Hoho.

Alhamdulillah, baby was not coming out yet. The best thing was all the housemen are seniors and no one was preparing to conduct. So, I did! Tehee.. Delivery went well except the second twin. The buttock came out first , but stuck at head. The mother almost loss all her energy. Started to stop pushing. The moment I saw the baby started gasping insides the opening, I was like going to cry. This baby was drowning insides!

So what we did, everyone in the room encouraged the mother as aggressive as we can. Even my voice was so strong like people in market. Huhu. " Madam, push! Stronger! Push the head out ! "

At last, my MO did manouver to pull out the head. Alhamdulillah, Head out. But the baby was not crying. I took the baby and ran to the resus bed. Paeds team came and stimulated the baby. Alhamdulillah, he cried and well. Admitted to baby's ward for observation. Huhu.

Alhamdulillah, and alhamdulillah. Although today was so tiring and even my legs started to be swollen and painful. I am happy that Allah s.w.t. planned a very memorable day for me.

Thank you Allah..

Now, my legs are so painful. can't even walk like usual.. Huu.. Somebody help. :(

No comments: