Ads

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Allergic reaction...

Salam'alayk...

Yesterday, we (family and I) went to Granpa's house in Kuala Selangor. Usually,when we went there our Granpa always treated us with seafoods.. A lots. Same again, when we arrived at the house, Granpa already bought us Crabs, Mussels, and Shrimps.

I am mildly allergic to shrimp. Whenever I ate it, my tongue will be itchy. So I ate 2 shrimps, a lot of Mussels, and 1 crab. We usually cooked them in Masak Lemak Cili Padi or Sambal Tumis. They were so delicious that I could say that I ate much.

My hands started to be itchy. And my stomach started to feel hurt. I have gastritis and after meal, usually I will have stomach-ache. So I ate the antacid. At the same time, my body started to be itchy. This itchiness was like you was just bite by a mosquito. I was wondering why am I having this itchiness so suddenly? Then, I started to cough. There was a feel like water was in my lungs. I cough again and again. Then my face started to feel itchy.

My mom kept looking at me for several times. She looks too worried. My chest started to feel tight and pain. "What is this? Am I going to have an asthma attack?" my heart wondered. I was shortened of breath. My mom already panic and asked my brother to bring us to a clinic immediately.

I tried to calm down and relax. But the itchiness kept on discomforting me and my chest was getting tighter. " How are you? " my mom kept looking at me at the back seat and asked my wellness. I said " my chest is getting tighter."

When my brother heard that, he speeded so fast. I did not know the speed, maybe around 100 plus? Huhu. We arrived at the clink 3 minutes later. Upon arrival, we met the doctor. When the doctor which mode did I want. I said, " Give me the injection ". I don't think that the tablet can be absorbed fast since my stomach was hurt. Moreover, my chest was getting worsen and worsen. So, I got an injection. Ouch.. T.T

After received injection and waiting for the medications from the counter. I went to toilet. My face felt tighter and I became discomfort. When I looked at the mirror, oh my my..

sciencephoto.com

My eyes and face was swollen and reddish in colour. " so, this was what happened to the patients in ward..Now, I know. " I whispered to myself. Minutes after injection, the cough and shortness of breath improved. Alhamdulillah..

Arriving at Granpa's house, my face, eyes, and hands still did not resolved. I scratched and scratched my hands, could not open my eyes wide, and my face looked ugly.. All the people in the house was shocked. Looking at me they said " No more seafood... " >.<

So, now I have to cut off my seafood meals from the list. This was my first experience and I don't ever think of experiencing it any more.. For you people, be careful of your food. When you experience this kind of situation or you're watching somebody is developing those conditions. Please, bring them to a clinic or hospital. Their lives are in danger if you are late.. 

Alhamdulillah, today I can recognise my face and the itchiness already resolved. Fuhh.. No more seafood.. Huu..

Symptoms of allergy :

Sudden itchiness
Sudden redness of skin
Sudden rashes
Swollen of the face and around eyes (periorbital edema)
Stomach-ache, vomiting, diarrhea
Chest pain, shortness of breath, coughing
Collapse

P/s : Make sure to remember any food or medication prior to the symptoms. It will be useful for you as prevention.

Till then, take care..

2 comments:

.........cP~ said...

huhu..orang kuala selangor ke..? cam mana bakal doc boleh bantai seafood walaupun tau allergic nih? adui..

izzanis said...

bukan.. org KL.. hehe.. slalu makan byk2 ok je.. cuma gatal lidah sekejap.. mungkin kepah tu jenis yg xleh makan.. huhu.. x tau pun..